Where personal information is required to use or interact with the ACSI website, it is our policy that this information — such as your name, postal or email address, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to ACSI is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used only for the purposes for which you provided it, such as to reply to a question or to send requested materials.
We never provide members’ email addresses for third-party usage.
Personal information collected as a function of the ACSI website will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided it or if such release is required by law.
Our website does not track, collect or distribute personal information about visitors. We regularly compile aggregate statistics that show the number of visitors to our site, the requests we receive for particular information on the site and the Internet service providers that those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used by internal ACSI technical support staff to improve the website in an ongoing effort to provide better information and services to the public. Usage statistics in aggregate form are also provided to the institutions that license content that is delivered on the website.
No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Additional Privacy Policies for California Residents Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act
- (1) A consumer has the right to request that the business disclose the following:
- (a) The categories of personal information we collect;
- (b) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- (c) The purpose for collecting the personal information;
- (d) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares persona information; and
- (e) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected, disclosed, or sold.
Such a request can be made to Alliance Consumer Solutions, Inc at 1-888-764-3449 or mail your request to P.O. Box 49, Tupelo, MS 38802. Once we receive your request, we will compare information you provided with the information we already have. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the you. If we cannot verify that the request came from you, we will notify you.
- (2) We typically collect the following categories of personal information about a consumer for debt collection purposes only:
- (a) health insurance information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor or the consumer, if we are collecting medical debt;
- (b) personal identifying information, like name, address and account number, as well as other identifying information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports and other skip trace tools, and the consumer;
- (c) characteristics such as age, gender, etc., which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor and the consumer’s credit report or other skip trace tools;
- (d) retail information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor and the consumer’s credit report or other skip trace tools;
- (e) internet activity, which we collect if the consumer visits our website;
- (f) geolocation data, which we obtain from process servers if we file a lawsuit, although we do not receive any such information for California residents;
- (g) recordings, which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us;
- (h) professional and employment related information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reporting agencies and other skip trace sources, and the consumer; and
- (i) educational information, which we obtain from credit reporting agencies and other skip trace sources.
- (3) We do not sell any personal information to third parties. We do disclose information to:
- (a) Service providers we use to help in performing our collection services for our clients, such as letter vendors and skip tracing providers;
- (b) Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as website hosts;
- (c) Third parties approved by you, including third-party payment providers;
- (d) Credit reporting agencies;
- (e) Federal or state governmental agencies, such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, state Attorney Generals, etc.;
- (f) Our attorneys, insurers and brokers; and
- (g) Our bank[s].
- (4) The California Consumer Privacy Act provides for the right for consumers to request deletion of their information, subject to various exceptions. The information that Alliance Consumer Solutions has generally falls within an exception and generally does not have to be deleted upon request. Nonetheless, such a request can be made to Alliance Consumer Solutions at 1-888-764-3449 or mail your request to P.O. Box 49, Tupelo, MS 38802. Once we receive your request, we will compare information you provided with the information Alliance Consumer Solutions already has. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the consumer. If we cannot verify that the request came from the consumer, we will notify consumer.
- (5) The California Consumer Privacy Act also provides for the right to opt out of the sale of personal information. However, we do not sell personal information.
- (6) The consumer has a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- (7) A consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. The consumer must provide either a power of attorney or written authorization.
- (8) For questions, we can be reached at 1-888-764-3449.
- (9) To request this notice be provided in an alternative format, please call usat 1-888-764-3449 or mail your request to P.O. Box 49, Tupelo, MS 38802.