*All third party collection agencies are regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). The FDCPA is a listing of the regulations for collection agencies. Also, we are kept abreast of new laws and developments by the American Collector’s Association International (ACAI). Alliance also adheres to all applicable rules and regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Every agency is also further regulated by local and state laws and statutes. Check with your state to see what laws apply to collection agencies in your area.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, FDCPA
- Fair & Accurate Credit Transactions Act, FACTA
- Credit Report Dispute Form
- Graham, Leach, Bliley Act, H.R. 10
- Federal Trade Commision Website, FTC
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act, HIPAA, HHS Website
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, FCRA
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Manual
Alliance Consumer Solutions, Inc’s processing team handles accounts once they have been thoroughly worked by our collection specialists and all efforts to get the consumer to pay by conventional means are exhausted. Once the account is in our office, we attempt to determine the employment status of the consumer and their “ability to pay”, research each account individually and after receiving permission to sue from you, we have a network of attorneys that can proceed with legal action against that consumer as necessary and feasible.
At Alliance Consumer Solutions, Inc, we utilize many tools to recover past due balances from consumers that are often less than willing to pay a past due balance. Here are a few areas that may be of interest to you. These are general tools but we can provide you with a more detailed listing if you like.
- High speed data processing
- Advanced data analytics and encryption for your security and the security of your debtors
- Professional, experienced skip tracers
- Online access at each station for cross referencing and accurate phone searches
- Professional legal services
- Data conversion for ease of account placement
- Professional affiliations to include the American Collector Association International
- Credit scoring to speed up collection on your accounts
- Predictive dialer services that increase productivity
Credit Account Scoring
ACSI uses an outside scoring company to score accounts. This program looks at several factors to score an account and place them into a priority according to collectability and the consumer’s propensity to pay. This allows us to work the most collectable accounts faster and put cash into your hands quicker. All accounts are worked according to flowchart processes to insure a complete accounts receivable recovery process.
Dialers have been around for some time. ACSI uses the most advanced dialing system available which allows us to select the accounts that can be recovered most effectively using the dialer. This increases the number of contact attempts on your accounts and increases the effectiveness of our professional account representatives.
Sample Patient Financial Responsibility Wording
“I understand that payment is due at the time of service. I agree to pay collection fees of 33 1/3% of the unpaid balance at such time that my account is placed with a collection agency. I further agree that I am responsible for all costs associated with the collection of my account, including but not limited to postage costs, and all credit card processing costs. In the event my account is referred to an attorney for collection, I agree to be liable for reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of court. I also authorize my employment location and status to be verified for the purpose of processing my bill for payment.”
I authorize the use of the phone numbers and other contact information I provide, including my cellular number and any future number assigned to me, for calls, texts, emails, to include automated dialers, to contact me regarding my care and my account by this medical provider and this medical provider’s business associates.
Disclaimer: Although we are professionals in the collection industry, we are not attorneys and always encourage you to contact your legal counsel on issues of law.